Jide Alakija

17 Jan 2009 1,257 views
 
supporter of
atom rss 1.0 rss 2.0
web browser google del.icio.us digg technorati
| lost password
birth date
cancel
photoblog image Ade and Segun
Ade and Segun|

Ade and Segun

This is Asiko for those of you who don't know him. I had the privilege of photographing his wedding last year.

One would think that it would be harder to photograph another photographers wedding but in this case it was more than harder, it was a real challenge. This chap had it all, emotions, tears, laughter the whole lot.

The reason I'm putting this shot up is because I'm using it as part of a showcase for the kinds of images I want my wedding photography portfolio to show. This year I plan to shoot mainly for Monochrome or Black and White/Sepia. If anything 80% of the shots will be processed this way. I'm one of those who really loves to present the whole show in Mono. I think there is a real timeless feeling to it. Also it helps you focus less on the colours and more on the emotions. Of course the remaining 20% will be all about the colour of the wedding.

P.S. I've had to cancel the walk as the weather is not looking good today. Sorry guys.

comments (2)

Nice shot.. Getting ready for your wedding assignments?
  • Laurie
  • United States
  • 17 Jan 2009, 12:38
Love his expression. Very emotional.

Leave a comment

must fill in
[stop comment form]
show
for this photo I'm in a constructive critical comments icon ShMood©
camera Canon EOS 5D
exposure mode aperture priority
shutterspeed 1/400s
aperture f/2.8
sensitivity ISO1600
focal length 45.0mm
Yellow busYellow bus
Wow! What a cool snake...hisssss!Wow! What a cool...
#2000#2000

Warning